Total Pageviews

Monday 4 August 2014

Lift Me Up

          


 I woke up in the morning today, feeling all dull and messed up. I had this feeling like, 'Maybe I'm not really as good as I think I am. I have all these ambitions, goals but they are nothing but dreams'. And I thought to myself, "Oh great! What an amazing way to start your day, Isha. ". So, then, as a routine, I turned on my computer and decided to tune up some songs. I had this urge to listen to 'Something I need- One Republic' and so I logged onto YouTube. What happened next, was just karmic- if I may say so. In the suggestions after the song, there was this song called 'I Lived-One Republic' and I thought, "Hey! That's something I've never heard before. Lets try it!" and here is what happened after that...


I LIVED - ONE REPUBLIC 


     If you just saw that video, you'll know what I'm talking about. It was just the song I needed to hear. I am surprised I missed this amazing track by One Republic cause I absolutely love the band! It just lifts you up, doesn't it? 

My favourite lines from the song: "I hope when the moment comes, you say, "I did it all. Owned every second that this world could give. Saw so many places, the things that I did.....". 


         And then of course, I had to listen to a whole bunch of other songs. Its really amazing to notice how each of us can relate to one song in so many different ways. The other day, I was watching an interview of Chris Martin (lead singer of Coldplay) with Howard Stern and he mentioned that, he did not like discussing as to why he wrote that particular song and about what or whom the song was, because he wanted the audience to enjoy it and relate to it in their own special way. I fell in love with him, then and there. :P :D.
        So, taking this opportunity, I'd like to share with you all a few of my favourite songs that instantly lift me up. Or just make me feel happy in some or the other way. I hope they help you too someday, when you need it. Check it out. :)



SUPERHEROES - THE SCRIPT


    And that's another favourite band of mine. This is their new single from the album, 'No Sound Without Silence'. Their music is simply too powerful. Their songs make you feel the emotion. A few of my other favourites are 'Nothing' and ' Breakeven'- they are kinda sad but amazing, nevertheless.

My favourite lines from the song: "When you've been fighting for it all your life. You've been struggling to make things right. That’s how a superhero learns to fly. Every day, every hour Turn the pain into power."



NOT AFRAID - EMINEM
[Warning: This song contains some explicit words.]


        For those of you who don't like Eminem, you probably can skip to the next song. But this song definitely has to be on my list. If you, just for a while, decide to ignore the rude words in his songs, you would actually be able to see how beautiful and meaningful his songs are. Okay, so he has had a bad life and a disturbing career at times but he writes what he means and that is all that matters.
       This song does not just motivate you to keep trying but also lets you know that its okay to feel the way you are feeling because there is at least one person who has felt the same and that it is possible to get over the feeling. Also try listening to 'Mockinbird' by Eminem if you haven't.

My favourite lines from the song: "I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons. I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground. I've had enough, now I'm so fed up, Trying to put my life back together right now!"



COLDPLAY - LOST



        Coldplay has never failed to amaze me by the variety in their songs. This is one amonst the many tracks that is absolutely a treat for the ears. I mean, if things aren't right at the moment, it does not mean they won't ever be. This song is about that. It tells you that nothing is permanent. Everything is fated to change and that all your failures are temporary too. Such simple words coupled with a simple tune. And yet the song just lingers on in your head for a really long time. 
        Other Coldplay songs I love are- Scientist, Viva la Vida, Violet Hill and Yellow.

My favourite lines from the song: "Just because I'm losing Doesn't mean I'm lost. Doesn't mean I'll stop. Doesn't mean I'm across.."


And, last but not the least...



BRAVE - SARA BAREILLES



        I literally have no words for this song. Everything worth saying has been included beautifully in the lyrics. If you wanna do something, just go do it! You don't need anybody's approval or anybody telling you it's a bad idea. Its your life and the decision to do or say something HAS to be yours. And why do you feel the need to hold back? Others aren't. So just close your eyes, take a deep breath and go for it. You'll be great! :)

My favourite lines from the song: "Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live. Maybe one of these days you can let the light in. Show me how big your brave is. Say what you wanna say And let the words fall out. Honestly, I wanna see you be brave."


       I think, no matter what you are feeling, somebody else has felt it before and has written a song about it. And that song is going to lift you up. You just have to go and find the one that does the magic for you. All of the above work very well on me. There is no better cure than music! 
       I'd like to know what kind of music you guys like to listen. Just comment your favourite songs below.

       Thanks for reading my blog. I'll see you all soon. Till then, adios! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! really well written! I love this spirit of yours of writing to help the readers in just some way or the other! :-) :-D And I have to go listen to the ones I haven't!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Your comments do encourage me a lot. :)

      Delete