Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 July 2014

FOODZONED!


      Yes! I have been officially foodzoned by my friends. I am that girl who craves butter, who eats a spoonful of cheese without hurting her conscience and then there is the unusual amount of fast food to add to it. And being a pure non-vegetarian doesn’t really help my pocket either! :D . I’ve been to a lot of joints and restaurants but I’ve handpicked a few of my favorite eat outs.
I’m not really following an order  here (from least to most favorite or vice a versa), like I did in my last post.  So here it is!


 1.   POP TATE'S


       

 I’ve probably been to this restaurant (or probably the’ un-restaurant’ as they like to call it), more than I’ve been anywhere else. I love everything about this place, right from the ambience to the food. 
        They have these old movie posters hung around the restaurant- teem that up with dim lights and voila! You have the perfect ambience for a casual dinner with your friends.










Whether I try new things on their menu or not, as a rule, I most definitely order 2 things:
  • Chicken Barbeque Pizza
  • Chicken Lasagna

     And I’d recommend that to anybody who ever happens to give that place a visit. If you are a vegetarian, then try Paneer Barbeque pizza instead. But honestly, this place is not really recommended for you!

Pop Tate's on Zomato: Click Here! (They have branches)



  2.  PICCADILLY



        This one really isn’t a restaurant. It’s more like a small Iranian, Lebanese café on a corner at Colaba Causeway. I actually accidentally happened to discover this amazing place while shopping at Causeway. 



        They serve Shwarma, a whole different bunch of other rolls, sandwiches, burgers, deserts, etc. When here, any type of Shawarma (or Roll) is recommended.  All of them are amazing! They have almost 5 to 6 different options you can choose from.
         For vegetarians, there are veg rolls as well but I haven’t tried one myself, so no comments on that.
         And then there is that amazing, mouth watering caramel custard! It’s a tad bit costly for its quantity but the taste is heavenly!

           In all, it is value for money. Do visit Piccadilly the next time you happen to be in Colaba. Its a nice spot to rest after all the tiring shopping! :P






Piccadilly on Zomato: Click Here! ( They have no branches)



   3. URBAN TADKA



      This is a proper Indian restaurant. They have managed to create a traditional Indian ambience here. The water they serve has Tulsi suspended in it (Tulsi is considered to be a purifier). The plates are made of brass and you can see the waiters in a Punjabi attire. 
      Talking about the food, Ambarsariya chicken with a Roti or Naan is a must!! Amongst other things, try Chicken Tandoori and Biriyani - totally out of the world !
And vegetarians, be sure to try Sarson da Saag and Makai di Roti. Yumm!! I honestly did not expect I'd savour THAT of all the things.
       For deserts, hot Jelebis coupled with Rabdi is a definite YES! This one time I happened to score a complementary plate and it has been on my list ever since!

Urban Tadka on Zomato: Click Here! (They have branches.)


   4.  BUNGALOW 9



      Now, enter here only if you are ready shell out more than a 1000 bucks. And if you are, congratulations! You’ve just bought yourself a lunch/dinner at one of the most amazing places in Mumbai. Bungalow 9 is located in a quiet neighborhood at Bandra. It is some 15-20 minute walk from the Bandra station, in all quiet easily reachable. 


      The whole ambiance is just breathtaking. This place is meant for celebrating those special moments in your life! You'll know what I'm talking about when you actually go there.
       The pizzas here are really good.  And also be sure to try the crab cakes. Rest I’d say is upon your taste. Preferably visit after evening. The lights add charm to the existing beauty.
        
    







Bungalow 9 on Zomato: Click Here! (They have no branches.)


    5.  CCD



      Yes! Café Coffee Day is one of favorite joints :P. I have a sweet tooth and coffee tooth (Yeah!?!  Like that’s a real thing!!). And what better place than our very own CCD to gratify both these desires, right? I’m sure I don’t need to list the whole menu here for anyone because maybe you have been to CCD far more than I have. 



      But just to put it out there, if CCD were a car, then ‘Choco-Hola’ would be the steering, if CCD were a football match, then Choco-Hola would be the goal. You get the idea, right?! :P :P. 





     Apart from that I love almost everything ‘coffee’. And if you get bored of coffee and are lucky enough to get it, ‘Snowy Vanilla Frappe’ is the way to go! (For some strange reason, only one CCD outlet so far happened to have the ‘Snowy’ part of it!)
      

CCD on Zomato: Really??!!!


  6. AHMED BHAI'S



     Now whoever has gone to college in and around Nerul is sure to know about this place. It’s one awesome place. Every bite is delicious! I won’t really list out the ‘best’ dishes here. Almost everything is worth a try. 


     Plus, they recently renovated their hotel and it looks even better. They have a separation between tables (as in the above picture) , which gives you your privacy while creating a perfect atmosphere for a nice evening out with your small group of friends.
      
      
 Ahmed Bhai's on Zomato:  Click Here! (They have no branches.)


So, that was my list of all the places I absolutely love to visit. If you have some places you want to share with me, do drop in the names in the comments! I will definitely try my best to give it a visit.

That's all folks! Adios! Keep reading.


Check out my post on a few amazing Mumbai Weekend Getaway destinations!

2 comments:

  1. Must say you have very expensive tastes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D .. But I have learned how to match my tastes with my pocket..! :D

      Delete